From Cubic Fortunes
List of changes that need to be made to the core rules:
- Quick reference guides for character creation, combat
- Revise carrying capacity in terms of "encumbrance"? Or classify items into primary, secondary, tertiary?
- Figure out what to do about combat maneuvers
- Write out new rules for spellcasting
- Character sheet (?)
- Add discussion of "speedy combat"
- Revise pages to be stylistically consistent (also, clean up main page)
- Rewrite introduction page -- focus more on the freeform/GM-always-right aspects of the game
Take a Breather action?How do characters recover vim and vigor?
- Combat maneuvers cost a Character Point to learn
- Fix move speed (3 + max(str,dex))
- Revised rules for Combat Maneuvers (Jacob)
- Remove armor bonus from withstand; armor stacks by default
- Character sheet(s)
- Armor does not stack by default
- What happens when in opponent's square?
- Penalty for range increments, modifiers for prone
- Revise Desire Rules (?)
- Deal with large/small creatures (inc. weapon size)
- Fix healing potions, other items
- Fix costs and descriptions for Traits for better balance
- Move speed = Str+Dex, not 1/2Str+Dex
- Attributes now cost 3 Character Points, and have no cap
- Units are removed from the system
- Leaving engagement attacks have been removed from the system. The Disrupt Approach combat maneuver has been added.
- Injury points have been revised, along with Vim and Vigor
- Describe items better
- Remove or simplify rules for attribute modifiers
- Rework the Derived properties page. This probably also needs a better name (Adventuring?)
- Make sure the Combat page is correct
- Create remaining definitions
- Links on Advancement page
- Finalize skills with specializations
- Make sure definitions are italicized
- Make sure definition redirects are all set up
- Rename Fatigue to Focus (or something similar)
- Gameplay example for concentration
- Fix multi-attack (combat manuevers have been revised a lot since this was broken -- it still needs a dedicated maneuver, I think, but we can work that out with a character that wants to use it)